Says Who?

Monday, August 3, 2009
I'm a Christian. Says who?

So and so is a Christian. Says who?

Ok, so part of my devotion time (and leisure reading time) I read "The One Year Bible". So, I get some Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs every day. It's nice! Well, as I'm reading this morning, something pops into my head. We are lame. I mean, we are flat out pathetic. Allow me to explain.

In the Old Testament, you worshiped someone or something. PERIOD! ....And for those that worshiped God, and believed in God... Well, there was no way to doubt it. Yes, they sinned. Yes, they messed up. Yes, they turned their backs on Him. But do some research, my friend. Almost all of the people who lived for Yahweh literally lived that lifestyle.

Today: Ok, I don't want to mention direct names, but look at some (or all) of our top leading officials. Politicians is who I speak of. Almost all of them claim to be Christians. WHAT!?!?! Almost all of them lie, steal, kill (abortions, along with other rumors), commit adultry, get drunk, drugs and so on and so forth. Not one inkling in most of their lives show that the Living God is part of their lives. Romans 1:25 says "They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the thins God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen." hmmmm when you trade the truth about God for a lie, you begin to worship anything and everything else, which means living away from Him.

Look at who all claims to be Christians. Most politicians, members of the Klu Klux Klan, alot of murderers and the list goes on. If we do not live for God to our fullest ability, we are just as guilty at living against Him as those same politicians, members of the KKK and those crazy murderers who say they killed their kids because God told them, or the ones that kill abortion doctors.

Here is what I'm trying to say. Satan has masked his work. He has made our society feel that we can live a mediocre life, or even worse never give ourselves to God at all, and we will still be alright. Be careful! If you are not saved, Hell is where you will spend eternity. However, if you are saved, but you lead more people AWAY from God, instead of into his arms, then I just might fear that afterlife just as much as Hell.

Give your all! There is a song on the new Kollide cd that is called the "Great I Am". Some of the lyrics:

I once was lost but now I'm found in your love
I once was blind but now I see in your love

I will give all, all that I am for the Great I Am
I will give all, all that I am for the Great I Am

There is no one like our God
There is no one like our God


We must give our all. This halfway living crap isn't cutting it. If you're a Christian, stand up and prove it! Romans 1:16 talks about not being ashamed. Not giving your all for him just might be interpreted as being ashamed. This isn't a game and shouldn't be treated as one.

So, on another note..... This weekend was great. We had the album release for Kollide at our church (www.celebration.org). Talk about great stuff! AMAZING! Blameless performed several songs with them and it was such a great night! Sunday I went jet skiing with dad and just chilled. Today it's supposed to rain so probably won't accomplish much, but am very excited to get to hang out with a few friends tonight.

-chris

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever thought about being a christian journalist?? Nice writing!
Keep thinking....good stuff!
Love ya!
mom

Post a Comment